Archdiocese of San Antonio
No Information Available
Our Lady of Guadalupe Shrine was founded in 1911 to serve San Antonio's Spanish-speaking population, many of whom fled the 1910 revolution in Mexico. Struggling to minister to the influx of refugees, Bishop Drossaerts commissioned the construction of the current sanctuary, which was completed in 1926. Originally staffed by members of the Claretian order, the parish was transferred to the Society of Jesus (the Jesuits) in 1932.
We here at San Juan de los Lagos Parish and Shrine take great pride in knowing that we fall under the patronage of Our Mother, San Juan de los Lagos. A parish situated in the west side of San Antonio since its founding in 1952. The Missionary Oblates of Mary Immaculate, a congregation of
0/5 (1 Reviews)